CADD Drafter / Designer (Entry Level) at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Diamond Bar, California
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech BAS, a leader in solid waste management services, is looking for an entry level CADD Drafter/Designer for our Diamond Bar Office. Incumbent will prepare civil, mechanical, and structural drawings for various gas collection and treatment systems, as directed by our engineering staff.
The CADD Drafter/Designer will effectively prepare CAD drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Analyze sketches, notes and other input to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings under supervision.
• Prepare finished civil, mechanical, and structural drawings from complex sketches, notes, layout, details and verbal instructions.
• Prepare grading surfaces, create alignments and profiles
• Knowledge of P & ID symbols using ISA standards a plus.
• Work with project managers and civil engineers to ensure timely project completion within allocated budgets.
• Periodic inspection of piping and mechanical systems in the field for design and as-built purposes.
• Associates Degree or Certificate in Computer Aided Drafting & Design
• Demonstrated strong competence in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• A good working knowledge of civil and mechanical engineering principles
• Design, engineering, and drafting experience would be beneficial spanning disciplines including civil, mechanical, environmental, chemical and electrical engineering or aptitude
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, committed to project schedules and deadlines, able to work independently and within a team environment, and self-motivated.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies