Manufacturing Consulting Lead at Tephra Inc
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job title: Consulting Lead, Program Imperatives Management-Manufacturing
The objective is to lead a consulting engagement which requires Consulting and Project Management expertise.
The role will be part of a team focused on delivering a large stream of consulting business projects of varying size & complexity, running as a continuous pipeline. The execution will be in onsite mode and client facing 5 days a week
Primary objective will be to play a customer facing role, understand the business process, plan& lead workshop/ discussions, gather requirements, manage pain points, understand data needs and gaps, lead cross functional meetings, align cross functional SMEs, ability to identify missing links on an end to end cost management solution, strong in identifying integration needs, adept in conflict resolutions, in create process design summary and manage the project team.
The role will include oversight of compliance to OUR CLIENT standards & best practices in Business analysis, Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications , Business Test Scenarios, Solution Architecture and Delivery
The role will contribute to the growth of the business by creating a pipeline of IT led downstream projects, identified jointly with the customer.
Working as Consulting Lead, these roles will be responsible for
- Manage the pipeline & portfolio of projects through the SDLC
- Providing business value / content leadership to engagements
- Leading and helping shape solution approaches and design
- Organizing and running requirement gathering workshops, creating As-Is and To-Be process maps, conducting gap assessment, identifying off the shelf products meeting requirements, developing product evaluation framework
- Conduct impact analysis of changes and brings stakeholder together for early resolution
- Continuous communication across stakeholders
- Managing & mentoring a team of Business & Data Analysts working in different engagements at the customer location / offshore
- Collaborating with the larger Innovation & Transformation Group Consulting Practice (globally spread organization) to bring value to the engagements
- Participating in larger group activities as Knowledge Sharing, Authoring papers for journals, conducting events
Key Focus Areas
Provide consulting expertise in one or more of the following key client areas;
- Product Development & Product Engineering / Design
- Supply Chain –including logistics, Forecasting, Global Order Management , Sales & Operations Management
- Manufacturing & Shop Floor Systems - including LEAN Manufacturing, Just in Time, KANBAN, CKD Management, Production Planning, Master Scheduling, MRP, Line Sequencing & Balancing
- Distribution & Logistics – Transportation Management, Warehousing & Global Orchestration
Customer Management including Sales & Marketing, Distribution, Dealer Management, Service, Part, Warranty
- Preferably a Master's Degree or above.
- Previous consultancy experience of 10 years and above.
- Ability to lead consulting engagements, manage requirement gathering sessions/ workshops and map business processes.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing industry across the value chain and automotive IT experience is must
- Experience in product costing/ estimation/ should costing will be a Value add.
- Self-confidence and an ability to build relationships with clients at all levels
- Direct experience gained ideally within the automotive industry and / or a consulting firm
- Good understanding in vehicle development life process, developing business case, cost allocation and estimation process.
- Basic understanding vehicle BOM structure and Volume planning.
- Understand concept of total enterprise cost/ total landed cost.
- Good understanding of purchasing, supply chain and finance processes in manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical and requirement gathering skills to work with various business functions in a manufacturing organization.
- Expert in process mapping, MS visio, creating swim lanes, mind maps, fish bone analysis, SWOT, Knowledge of consulting frameworks – Balance scorecard, benchmarking, porter’s five forces, McKinsey’s nine box matrix etc.
- Strong in making presentations, creating process maps and should have good excel skills.
- Manage team of Business Analyst and Data Analyst working in onsite and offshore model
- Client Facing experience as a Project Manager / business advisor / consultant / subject matter expert
- Action orientated and willing to take ownership