Sr QA Engineer at GTT LLC
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Title: Sr QA Engineer
Location: Framingham, MA 01701
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: One Year
Come join the "A” team and build the future at Client's
Our client has spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their homes, in automobiles, in airplanes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music.
Their legendary Wave® music system, SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth speaker, SoundTouch® Wi-Fi speakers, and QuietComfort® acoustic noise cancelling headphones may ring a bell with you.
Now their transforming the way connected audio products interact with the Cloud, creating new experiences for connecting people to what they love the most.
They are imagining new data-driven experiences, designing new services, building software architecture and infrastructure, and scaling our solutions to serve millions of users.
Our client relies on exceptional people to create and deliver these products to our customers. Join them to build and secure our platform to power the next wave of innovation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for validation of the quality, performance, resiliency, and security of Client's cloud-based services, which enable customer experiences across our devices (speakers, headsets, and home theatre), mobile applications, and cloud partners such as music services, voice personal assistants, and integrators.
Duties include designing test strategies and frameworks for automation, and test planning, implementation, execution, and reporting.
The successful candidate will have significant automation test experience in large-scale distributed systems, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with product development teams, system architects, and stakeholders across the business.
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
- Design and develop automation frameworks and test suites to test Client's products and services, working with Engineering, QA, System Architects, Product Owners, and others
- Understand frameworks, approaches, and test strategies used by peer teams; leverage, extend, and share wherever possible
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- Coordinate with teams across the Software and Systems Group to assure end-to-end verification of functionality across all systems components
- Consistently improve test automation infrastructure and coverage
- Champion quality throughout the development process
- Work with development teams to facilitate unit and integration tests
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years' industry experience in QA or Software Engineering
- 3+ years' experience designing, implementing, and executing automated tests
- Experience developing or testing cloud-based microservices AWS, Azure, or similar platforms
- Experience using common automation frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal, com
- Expert in APIs in large-scale distributed systems
- munication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Comfortable engaging cross-functional partners including development teams, system architects, product management, and Support
- Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker.
- Familiarity with version control, bug tracking, and CI / CD systems and procedures
One or more of the following are highly desirable:
- Knowledge of dynamic server coding environments such as Python, Ruby, or NodeJS a plus
- Experience with cloud-based distributed applications and / or data processing in the cloud a plus
- Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data format a plus
- Experience with network protocols preferred
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems and mobile applications (iOS and Android) preferred
JD # 18-00415