Appointment Call Center Representative at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin as an Appointment Scheduling Call Center Representative where you’ll be the gateway to remarkable healthcare by providing excellent phone-based customer service.
We are seeking an Appointment Call Center Representative to:
- Handle incoming phone calls from patients and their families to help them with their appointment scheduling needs
- Make outgoing phone calls to patients to schedule them for appointments
- Coordinate with clinic staff to ensure patients receive the appropriate care in a timely manner
Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, or other related field
Minimum - One (1) year of experience working in an office or customer service environment
Preferred - Past experience working in scheduling, registration, or a call center. Experience using Epic Cadence and Prelude software.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent, compassionate customer service
- Ability to operate a computer
- Efficient and accurate typing skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations preferred
- Knowledge of third party payors and billing requirements preferred
- Ability to think independently and demonstrate effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete required tasks within established time schedules
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of personnel
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Work Schedule: 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Multiple Openings: This posting represents multiple openings.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.