Investment Operations Associate at Prudential
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
We are looking for Investment Operations Associates to join the PGIM Operations & Systems Team. Prudential Financial helps individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. We are known for delivering on our promises to our customers, and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world’s most admired companies.
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of data, financial analysis, and investments to inform business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in pursuing a full-time Associate role that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the asset management community? If you are results driven, motivated, have a passion for working with financial data, and are deeply analytical and highly innovative, then Prudential’s PGIM Investment Operations Associate role is the position for you!
Who are we?
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. Within Prudential, PGIM is our global investment management business. It is a name that stands for long-term conviction in asset management. With a powerful multi-manager model and a steady hand in a volatile world, PGIM is built on strength, stability and a 140-year legacy.
PGIM Operations provides the support that allows Prudential to be a top 10 worldwide institutional money manager with over $1 trillion in assets under management. To learn more, please visit: www.PGIM.com
The Associate Role
Investment Operations Associates are empowered to contribute in a meaningful way, add value to organization initiatives and effect change. There can be a variety of areas where the successful candidate may be placed.
PGIM Investment Operations:
· Accounting: Validation of portfolio and transaction level activity including trades, income payments, corporate actions and deal restructurings in sub-ledger systems; Preparing and verifying general ledger entries; Completing reconciliations to custody banks, trade systems and financial statements; Providing various reports to business partners
· Common Data Admin (CDA) / iRisk Data Integrity Group: Oversight of portfolio and security level financial data quality in the investment risk data warehouse, accounting system and reporting databases; Submission and verification of adjustments to financial data; Performing reconciliations; Supporting data analysis, inquiries and projects
· Reporting: Supporting business partners by preparing, analyzing, and distributing limit monitoring, activity and holdings reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis sourced from ledger as well as various internal data warehouses; Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Statutory and GAAP reporting
· Trade Management: Providing trade support functions including settlement/disbursement, custody, deal capture and performance reporting; Executing cash and trade settlements and support the loan origination business; Performing SVO filings and various Enterprise and Asset management reports
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business
· Minimum 3.0 GPA required
· Ability to understand and analyze basic accounting principles and financial statements
· Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
· Intermediate – advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word