LVN, San Juan Capistrano, Per Diem Variable 8-hr Shift at MEMORIAL HEALTH SERVICES
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Juan Capistrano, California
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Room patients, take and document vital signs, and assist provider with medical exam. Evaluate patients for immediate medical need and report to provider.
- Perform accurate charting, assessments, and intervention and follow-up per scope of practice.
- Administer medications and perform procedures per scope of licensure and per provider order.
- Maintain cleanliness and sterilization of instruments, exam rooms, and all treatment areas (ie. surgery, lab, cast room, etc.) as needed or directed.
- Follow current policies and procedures for labeling and collection of all specimens, using appropriate media.
- Maintain current knowledge of medications, sterile technique, and policies and procedures. Maintain current licenses/certificates.
- Assist provider to complete e&m coding and charging in a timely and accurate manner.
- Dispose of contaminated/non-contaminated sharps in the appropriate disposal container. Access and interpret needed information from facility MSDS book or MSDS on-line in a prompt manner.
- Respond to and participate in all clinical emergencies and maintenance of emergency equipment.
- Adhere to infection control, universal precautions, and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient care procedures, maintenance of equipment, and disposal of waste.
- Organize patient correspondence and phone messages. Make accurate and precise callbacks per provider instruction to reinforce provider instructions, follow-up care, patient education, and test results.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of licensure.
Qualifications/Skills: Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Candidate must also excel in organization and attention to details and follow through. Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility. Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal.)
Experience: Prior experience in an ambulatory care environment.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Current California LVN license. CPR for Healthcare Provider Card. IV Certification with the LVN license.