Data Modeler at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for the OneMD Data & Analytics Product Line. Work with business and technical teams to fully understand the business requirements, be able analyze data and translate them into data structures. Coordinate, develop, and construct data models and data dictionaries, ranging from functional-specific to enterprise-wide, and from operational to decision-support. Work with the database administrators to establish naming conventions and optimization standards for the database objects. Partner with Database Administration staff in handoff between logical database design and physical database design. Candidate must have strong modeling skills to support data science tools and help enable self-service capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and design a future state environment to address OneMD Data & Analytics Product Line serving multiple cross functional business organizations
- Lead the design of big data solutions
- Create and manage logical, physical and conceptual models using data modeling tools.
- Develop and communicate standards for data structures.
- Build referential integrity into the models.
- Investigate Data Quality Issues and provide recommendation & solution to address them
- Work with offshore development and testing teams to ensure successful implementation of design.
- Profile existing data structures to thoroughly understand all data assets that exist in the warehouse and the sources of expansion areas.
- Lead and manage department projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
|1||SAP BOBJ Consolidation||NA||Required|
|2||SAP BOBJ Configuration||NA||Required|
|3||SAP BOBJ Administration||NA||Required|
|4||SFDC Relational Junction||NA||Required|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|