Director of Operations - Business Team at Hypertherm
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Hanover, New HampshireJob Description:
Fifty years ago, in a small two car garage, Hypertherm began our journey with simple, powerful ideas about business and an invention that shaped the future of industrial cutting. The same ideals that fueled our inception all those years ago are still what guides us today: A passion for challenging what is achievable with the products we create, the culture we foster, and the experience we deliver to our customers.
In this new position, as a Director of Operations - Business Team at Hypertherm, you will be responsible for:
- Defining the Heavy Industrial (Mechanized) Business Teams operations vision and strategy
- Developing the organization and processes required to achieve that strategy
- Directly guiding a team of operation leaders including production, supply chain, process engineering, maintenance, and quality and indirectly developing the team's (~400 associates) progress toward achieving defined goals.
To be effective, you will be able to envision and strengthen our organizational structure, including the methods and processes to scale for growth while working collaboratively in our matrixed organization. As the team's senior operations leader, provide operational guidance to business team leadership to assist in meeting the teams' product and technology development goals.
To be considered, you must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or another technical discipline with senior-level (10+ years) of leadership experience in a role requiring a focus on supporting multiple disciplines in a manufacturing setting. Plus experience with the following:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with demonstrated project leadership to resolve customer, technical, or transactional organizational problems
- Experience managing capital intensive operation with responsibility for developing and executing long-term technology and replacement strategies
- Demonstrated ability to implement and sustain LEAN techniques in operations through the leadership team
- Demonstrated interest in learning and developing new processes and systems
- Regular interest in mentoring and coaching leaders
- Experience in a multiple shift operation (assembly or machining)
Experience in these additional areas are preferred:
- Previous manufacturing plant leadership experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- MBA or MS with project management or supply chain focus
Location: Hanover, New Hampshire. Relocation assistance is available.
Hypertherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our company. We give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.