Application/Support Computer Technician - Professional Technologist 2 at West Virginia University
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The West Virginia University Health Sciences Center Information Technology Services department is seeking applications for an Application/Support Computer Technician (Professional Technologist 2). This position is responsible for providing support of instructional, technical, and logistical operations of the Learning Center along with collaborative support of the Application Development team at West Virginia University Health Sciences Center. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Providing higher level support to faculty, staff, and students for Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems, commercial and internally developed Web and Desktop Applications.
- Provide on-demand telephone based consulting support as well as on-site technical consulting support to classroom instructors at any time classes or events are in session including nights and weekends.
- Provide support for administrative systems users including coordination with the HSC Help Desk web based help requests and direct telephone help calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in an IT environment (may include end-user support, web based content management systems, etc); Or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ Certification preferred.
- CCNA Certification preferred.
- Ability to interact at all organizational levels with technical staff, managers, and end-users
- Demonstrated experience of delivering quality, user accepted, completed task(s) on time
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as needed
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions
- Good project and time management skills demonstrating the ability to function independently on one or more individual projects while collaborating on team projects
- Initiative and motivation to request, accept, and complete tasks as required
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.