Structural Engineer - Spokane, WA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Architecture 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Spokane, Washington
Job ID: 135319
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
About Oldcastle Precast Spokane
Oldcastle Precast Spokane has been producing high quality structural and architectural precast in the Pacific Northwest since 1958. Coupling this long tradition of high quality manufacturing with local access to thousands of miles of trails, hundreds of lakes and several ski areas provides an excellent opportunity to balance an industrial work background with a high quality of life.
OP Spokane’s Structural Engineer is responsible for supporting the design and development of Oldcastle’s sales efforts. These efforts include providing preliminary structural calculations, technical presentations, estimate development support and project handoff to engineering.
- Supporting outside sales staff with design development
- Support estimation by providing preliminary design packages
- Create processes to help automate bidding for standard products
- Communicate with sales, project management and engineering to support active development projects throughout their sales cycle
- Team player with collaborative attitude willing to help others, the team, and the company reach its goals.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Desire and willingness to train others
- Organized and works well under demanding deadlines
- Software experience in: Excel, Word, Access and BlueBeam/Adobe suites.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard design codes IBC, ACI, AISC, ASCE
- Experienced in reading construction documents (Architectural & Structural Drawings) General CAD knowledge a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience in quantity take-offs for concrete and/or building enclosure components
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering required (PE preferred)
- Experience in supporting design/build contracts
- 8+ years of engineering experience in construction related fields
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.