Director, Partnership Development & Social Ventures at Save the Children
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
The Director, Partnership Development and Social Ventures, will be a key driver of new business on the Strategic Foundation Partnerships Team. This person will be responsible for identifying prospects and developing strategic outreach plans to develop opportunities for partnerships across a broad range of private foundations with whom Save the Children is not currently partnering. In additional, this person will support the Senior Director in implementing the Social Ventures strategy, and working across the global Save the Children movement to identify social enterprises to incubate and partner with. This role has a fundraising and new business goal in line with the Team’s overall ambitious strategic goals.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Working closely with the Senior Director, drive net new partnerships for the Strategic Foundation Partnerships team. (40%)
- Raise revenue from new partners/donors by identifying prospects and developing strategies to seek support for Save the Children’s priority program areas.
- Liaise with other Resource Development teams, program staff, finance and marketing to develop outreach strategy collaboratively and in line with the Agency’s priorities.
- Stay informed of trends within the private foundation space as well as the broader private sector (including cross sector collaboration with corporations and convening bodies)
- Assist in strategic thinking and target setting for Strategic Foundation Partnership team’s new business development goals.
- Coordinate with SFP account managers to identify ways to partner across existing and new partners/donors.
- Coordinate with Save the Children US Centennial Campaign team to identify collaboration opportunities linked to new prospects.
- Independently manage and develop existing prospects, as assigned (30%)
- Raise revenue from existing prospects and select new donors by continuously exploring partnership opportunities and developing engagement strategies.
- Provide quality management of existing systems and commitments from new Foundation donors.
- Working closely with the Senior Director, support the implementation of the Social Ventures strategy focusing on the Agency’s social enterprise rollout plan. Contribute to other cross department projects as assigned. (20%)
- Manage Foundation team member(s) as assigned and perform other duties as may be expected (10%)
- You have a minimum 7-10 years' experience of fundraising and new business development experience across non-profit and private sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Up to date on latest trends in next generation partnership development across non-profit and private sectors including social enterprise and impact investing.
- Demonstrated success in developing and presenting proposals for funding
- Proven ability to approach and interact with senior level Foundation staff.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior members of the organization on fundraising activities
- Ability to think creatively to identify new partnership opportunities in line with current trends and future market shifts
- Proven project management skills and expertise including ability to manage site visits to programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate independently and as a team member
- Strong and effective use of technology for data analytics and communication purposes.
- Well versed in global cultural settings
- Bilingual/multi-lingual a plus
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited
from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.