Manufacturing Technical Manager - West Chester, PA at Mars Incorporated
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Manufacturing Technical Manager is a key member of the North American Supply Leadership Team with responsibility for all engineering, maintenance and facilities management activities at the West Chester (WCR) factory and for the medium term plant operating strategy & capability. Accountable for the plant availability on a day-to-day basis through the reliability teams and accountable for the team responsible for multiple concurrent engineering projects.
They will govern the engineering standards for production and have responsibility for planning, managing and implementing engineering projects within the WCR plant, to ensure continued capacity capability, improvements to operational excellence (lean principles) and unit cost reduction Manufacturing Conversion Costs (MCCs). You are also accountable for site buildings and services through direction of the facilities team.
The role also involves liaising with sister plants to enable efficiencies, standardization and timely adoption of ‘best practice’.
- Regional Capital Appropriations Budget (CAB) ownership and management
- Lead a team of 9 Associates
- Responsible for facilities management of the WCR site
- Responsible for Maintenance and Reliability for the WCR factory through the leadership of the Maintenance Team
- Responsible for the delivery of all engineering projects, on time, in full, in budget, and following the Mars engineering standards
- To lead, develop and motivate a team of technical experts (internal & external) that are capable of delivering the requirements of the business and their roles.
- To take a full and active role as part of the Supply leadership team, taking shared responsibility for the overall and continued performance of the factory.
- Responsibility for industrial engineering data gathering, analysis and reporting for the factory to ensure an excellent and timely service for all internal & external customers.
- Manage the engineering revenue budgets.
- To liaise with sister units and the central supply function to ensure best practice for all engineering standards are shared & adopted as efficiently as possible and that there is good liaison to optimize project management resource
- To support the innovation process, working closely with Research & Development (R&D) to provide engineering solutions to deliver new products to the market
- Providing instruction, supervision, training and information to ensure safe working conditions; ensuring deployment of and adherence to Mars safety and environmental policies, procedures and corporate standards (including hazard identification, risk assessment, incident reporting), and responsible for the health and safety of all reports, contractors and members of the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 7 years of relevant experience in related industries, preferably FMCG
- Substantial experience in engineering project management and delivery with demonstrated success
- Substantial experience in the management and development of planned and reactive maintenance strategies
- Experience working within food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
- Broad technical, engineering and manufacturing understanding
- Effective people management experience and ability to lead and influence multiple teams, including contractors and third parties
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with key contacts/partners
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and effective networking
- Successful Completion of a drug and background screen
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience in related industries, preferably FMCG
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.