Senior Java Engineer at Prudential
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
- Experience in java and J2ee technologies .Familiarity with Open sources frameworks like Spring, SpringBoot, Camel
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software design fundamentals.
- Design and develop high quality application components to meet our Business needs - Pojo components, database components, services, web services, and Junit test modules.
- Experience with Linux development environments
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of BitBucket/Git
- Knowledge of AWS and other cloud implementations
- TDD based development mindset.
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and a good team player who can work with a strong Technical team.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism
- Ability to review functional requirements and determine the type of integration work that is needed based on the requirements
- Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Experience with Webservice technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, JAXB,JAX-WS
- Exposure to content management system is a plus
- Experience with multiple databases is a plus
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject. Proven hands-on Software Development experience. Proven working experience in Java development