Patient Access Representative I at nThrive
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Huntley, IllinoisJob Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Job ID 2018-23014
Employment Type part-time
Job Location US-IL-Huntley
Hours Per Week 40
The Patient Access Representative facilitates all components of patient registration. This includes obtaining all necessary demographic and financial information to ensure that the most accurate patient data is obtained and populated into the patient record. This role is also responsible for greeting patients and representing nThrive in a professional manner.
- Interviews patients in person or by phone to obtain all required information for hospital records and billing systems. Registers or Pre-registers all scheduled patients for admission, partial hospitalization, and outpatient services according to department policies and procedures.
- Obtains patient and/or responsible party signatures on registration and issues required information to patients/ responsible party concerning Advanced Directives, Privacy, Medicare and required other compliance or consent forms.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorization for all services requiring pre-certification.
- May prepare charts and paperwork for patient visits. Places identification wristband on patient and follows hospital patient safety procedures for patient identification at all times.
- Performs clerical functions as needed, including answering phones, taking messages, chart processing, filing, faxing, etc. Assists patients with questions regarding hospitals bills including taking payments at any registration location.
- Screens patient for Medicaid, Affordable care Act or hospital sponsored financial program and provides appropriate documentation and referral. May provide bedside financial counseling and collection support by telephone for patient balances after discharge.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least six months of experience in a customer service role, interacting directly with customers either in-person or over the phone.
- Basic understanding of patient access services and the overall effect on the revenue cycle.
- A thorough understanding of commercial and government insurance plans, payer networks, government resources, and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer and simplifying complex information.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in a role that requires prioritization of multiple critical priorities while ensuring quality and achievement of performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance metrics.
- Six months of experience working within the registration process in a hospital or physician office setting, including demonstrated success obtaining patient demographic and financial information, handling insurance verification and obtaining authorizations.
- Knowledge of commercial and government insurance plans, payer networks, government resources, and medical terminology.
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.