Research Vice President, Energy Insights at IDC
Posted in Research 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Framingham, MassachusettsJob Description:
Requisition Number 2018-1357
Functional Area Research
# of Openings 1
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
The Research Vice President will lead the IDC Energy Insights' Worldwide Oil & Gas program focusing on the application of information and communications technology in the oil/gas industries. The energy supply picture is changing rapidly, especially with the volatility in the energy commodity markets. The prospect of unconventional extraction operations rivaling tradition wells is a key dynamic in how Oil & Gas companies view technology. In addition, the growing connectivity of equipment and assets, plus the availability of affordable analytics technology means that companies will be able to be more responsive to market and asset conditions. Oil/gas firms will also leverage connectivity to extract residual value from assets in an industry that must deal with fluctuating oil prices.
The Research Vice President primary responsibility will be providing thought leadership to the market on important industry trends and will be responsible for coordinating research with research being conducted and delivered in other regions. In addition, because of the importance of asset management in the energy industry, the Research Vice President will IDC Insights' primary research leader in asset management, regardless of industry. The Research Vice President is expected to:
• Grow the Oil & Gas research program through thought leadership and business development
• Assure that the research requirements of the programs are met
• Support client inquiry related to research reports and topics pertinent to research
• Coordinate the North American energy research with other regions
• Contribute research and thought leadership to consulting projects
• Coordinate and contribute to asset management research for IDC Insights
- At least 10 years working with IT, in the energy or technology research industry
- Experience in understanding the research needs of clients
- Ability to quickly synthesize data from various sources – interviews, surveys, secondary research and other IDC research
- Excellent speaking skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience managing a research group
- Facility with the use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or higher in disciplines involving energy, business and/or IT
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.