Product Owner at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
The Product Owner is the primary product specialist for the implementation team. They will manage the team’s sprint backlog(s), participate actively in all phases of the sprint and is a key stakeholder in product related decisions and release planning. The Product Owner possesses an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the initiatives and features. As an integral member of our Agile team, the Product Owner is product and technology focused and works to drive value as a function of cost, time, functionality and quality.
- Work cross functionally with Product Managers, Business Leads and Architects to understand requirements and desired outputs. Track status across features and communicate risks or concerns as they arise.
- Backlog Refinement: With input from the product manager and other stakeholders, the product owner has the primary responsibility to build, prune, and maintain the team backlog. Backlog items are prioritized based on user value, and time and other team dependencies which are determined in Release Planning.
- Sprint Planning. The product owner reviews and re-prioritizes the backlog as part of the preparatory work for Sprint Planning, including coordination of content dependencies with other product owners. During the Sprint planning meeting, the product owner is the main source for user story detail and priorities, and has the responsibility to accept the final Sprint plan
- Story elaboration. Most backlog items are elaborated into user stories for implementation. This may happen prior to the Sprint or during Sprint planning. The product owner works closely with the business analysts aiding and contributing to user story development and acceptance criteria, the product owner has the primary responsibility to keep the process flowing.
- Accepting stories into the baseline. The product owner is the only team member who can accept stories into the baseline. This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and that each has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and otherwise meets its definite of done. In so doing, the product owner also fulfills a quality assurance function, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Exercise good decision making and actively identify impediments to ensure sprint activities complete within the committed time period.
- Participating in Team Demo and Retro. As an integral member of the team, and the one responsible for requirements, the product owner has an important role in the sprint showcase / product demo, reviewing and accepting stories in the baseline, and in the retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes.
- During the course of each sprint, the product owner coordinates content dependencies with other product owners when required. The product owner also has an instrumental role in producing the system demo for program stakeholders.
- Well versed in SAFe, SCRUM and Kanban
- 3+ years of experience in the Product Ownership B2B environment
- BRM and Salesforce experience preferred
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver results
- SAFe Product Owner certification preferred
See Job Description