HL Medical Courier at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Job Title: Medical Courier
Reports To: Department Supervisor
Department Title: Superior Mobile Health Services
Last Review Date: 4/2018
All employees are expected to uphold the company's high values and impeccable reputation within the medical community. One must demonstrate the company's philosophy and values which are TLCS= Timeliness, Look Good, Customer Service, & Safety.
Under the direction of Medical Courier Supervisor, Medical Couriers are responsible for safe packaging and delivery of medical equipment, medical records, lab specimens, supplies, X-Rays, etc. as an important part of patient care too hospitals, clinics, labs and nursing homes. Pick-ups and deliveries organized with direct communication to/from Dispatch in providing our clients the excellent customer service our company provides. Processes paper work for deliveries, insuring proper billing information and documentation tracking.
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate proficently and interact with others
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent driving record (provide Motor Vehicle Report)
- Available to work weekends
- Good knowledge of Chicago and Suburban Areas
- Ability to identify basic vehicle problems
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Willingness to submit to random drug tests
Expectation of the Position:
Supports the guiding principals & vision by exhibiting the following behavior with employees and providers:
- Excellence & Competence
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle, track and process specimen samples
- Pick-up supplies and equipment for hospital
- Provide appropriate documentation, paperwork, reports
- Exposure to infectious biological specimens experienced on a daily basis*
- Ability to read a map and follow instruction/directions
*Must wear personal protective equipment when appropriate
- Previous experience in Medical/Lab Courier preferred.
- Some medical terminology and product knowledge.
- Motivated, self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Xcelerator Software
- The candidate must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Healthcare experience a plus but not required.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have High School diploma; some college preferred.
- Familiarity with medical transportation preferred.
- Be able to routinely lift and carry items up to 50 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Must be able to operate basic material handling devices.
- Understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is consistently required to sit; use hands, fingers, handle, feel; and talk, hear & see. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment with employees in 3 states in multiple locations. Travel to other company and locations are required to conduct inventory and assist with restocking. Lifting requirements of up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly in verbal contact with others and constantly works face-to-face with medical staff and others. Consistently operates motor vehicles, use of radio equipment, and documents deliveries.
This job description is not an employment contract. Employment is At-Will and Superior reserves the right to change this job description at any time without notice.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D