Fleet Maintenance Manager at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Job Summary: This position works closely with the Chief Mechanic and is responsible for a fleet of over 300 plus vehicles in multiple states. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, tracking vehicles, maintaining fleet records, managing f Job Summary:
This position works closely with the Chief Mechanic and is responsible for a fleet of over 300 plus vehicles in multiple states. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, tracking vehicles, maintaining fleet records, managing fuel cards, I-Pass, licensing vehicles, coordinating city and state vehicle inspections, and inventory control.
- Must have a valid and current driver's license.
- Have a clean and acceptable driving record.
- Previous fleet management experience.
- Must be familiar with OSHA and HIPAA regulations (will be trained).
Expectations of the Position:
Supports the guiding principles & vision by exhibiting the following behavior with employees and providers:
- Excellence & Competence
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters work orders, bills, and part pricing into Mitchell Program.
- E-mails Operations/Regional Managers/Station Managers when vehicles are fixed.
- Safety lane updates on master list (IDOT inspections performed every 6 months).
- Notifies Dispatch as to which vehicles need to go to safety lane.
- Ensures that all fleet vehicles have completed state's emissions testing requirements.
- Updates master list with mileage/out of service vehicles/new vehicles, etc.
- Maintains all IMC/Superior/Metro/Corporate registrations and renewals.
- Obtains city stickers for Elmhurst and Chicago.
- Takes pictures of damaged vehicles and forwards to Risk Management.
- Schedules radio checks and Chicago lanes (ambulance safety inspections) for new ambulances and renewals.
- Supervises annual radio checks.
- Updates all I-Pass and Gas City accounts.
- Keeps track of credit card receipts and submits to accounts payables.
- Updates Operations of status on vehicles.
- Updates Payroll with new vehicle information, selling of old vehicles, and junking old vehicles.
- Prepares paperwork to sell fleet vehicles.
- Updates status board with ambulance assignments, temporary changes, tows, and safety lanes.
- Prior fleet management experience desired.
- Possess strong organizational and computer skills.
- Good ability to multi-task.
- H.S. diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Has knowledge of motor vehicle engines, parts, systems, and repair.
- Should have good problem solving skills and work well independently as well as with others.
- Should enjoy working around cars and trucks and possess good customer service skills.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is consistently required to use hands, fingers, handle, feel; and talk, hear & see. The employee is frequently required to lift, stand, bend, walk, and drive. The employee is required to reach, push and pull with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, ability to judge distance and space relationships, be able to see clearly at 20 feet or more and see peripherally. The employee is occasionally required to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment. Travel to other company locations is required. Should be able to raise and lower objects of up to 25 lbs.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D