Communications Center Flight Manager at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois
Communications Center Flight Manager
Responsible for direct oversight of all dispatch flight operations, quality, service excellence, customer satisfaction, and regulatory compliance. Responsible for assuring that the assigned division is functioning within the mission and vision of the organization as a cohesive, efficient, and effective unit. Ensures that all personnel maintain the highest level of professionalism. Promotes a positive working environment by acting as a mentor to all personnel providing them with consistent communications and support. Function as a leader by providing ongoing direction and or facilitation of activities and projects. Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of the flight dispatch operations. Determines staffing requirements for flight dispatch operations. In addition, the Communication Center Flight manager maintains 24/7 responsibility for flight dispatch operations and is available to be contacted after normal business hours if needed in urgent situations
- Provide Leadership to flight communication center personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and monitor the daily efficiency, effectiveness and safe deployment of flight dispatch operations.
- Maintain and improve efficiency and effectiveness measurements; knowledgeable of corporate, regional and site protocols, policies, procedures and regulations; writes policies/procedures/guidelines for the improvement of services; researches new industry developments and technology; evaluates run reports; develops and studies computerized data.
- Conduct him/herself in a highly ethical, positive, enthusiastic and professional manner at all times.
- Establish targets and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Promote and maintain safety at all times.
- Deals effectively with conflict in a professional manner to affect mutually beneficial resolutions.
- Acts as an employee advocate (Hands on approach with employees).
- Communicates with proper personnel to compile data to analyze and optimize dispatch operations (including but not limited to call statistics, scheduling, payroll, and employee attendance).
- Receive, investigate and addresses complaints as needed.
- Knowledge of emergency medical care theory and procedures, equipment application and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Uniform Incident Command Principles and Rules.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Be driven with a positive attitude, placing a high value on customer service internally and externally.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking / problem solving / decision making skills and attention to detail.
- Licensed Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- CPR certified.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Five years of progressive supervisory and administrative experience working in medical services or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to "Multi-task" and handle stress.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, agencies, facilities and hospitals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from subordinates, peers, managers, clients and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Understand and be able to utilize graphs, diagrams, charts and different types of media for reports and presentations.
- Understand the budgeting process and be able to maintain fiscal responsibility for department.
- Ability to define/identify problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understand the local and state EMS infrastructure and geography.
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer . Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D