Cloud VoIP Engineer at Carousel Industries, Inc
Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Exeter, Rhode IslandJob Description:
Carousel Industries, Inc
Carousel Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Carousel provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment free from unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
Job Location US-Virtual Office (US Based)
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 2018-05-14
Carousel Industries is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the US, poised for explosive growth. As a premier IT services firm, we offer an extensive portfolio of services and technologies that span the following areas: unified communications and collaboration, networking, data center, security, and cloud-based solutions. Through our partnerships with leading technology vendors-like Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, HPE, and Fortinet, for example-Carousel offers innovative IT leadership, consultative, professional, and managed services to help our clients drive transformation within their organization. Founded in 1992, Carousel serves more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by multiple publications and industry consortiums as a top technology integrator and managed services and cloud solution provider-including the Inc. 500/5000, Healthcare Informatics 100, and CRN MSP Elite 150. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,400 employees based in 27 offices-with three Network Operating Centers nationwide.
We are searching for those who are fueled by an inner drive to make a difference and to push their professional and technical capabilities to the next level. If you are someone who wants to become the "go to person" or the "subject matter expert" in your field, then Carousel is the place for you. Ask Carousel employees what makes them stick around for five, 10, or 20 years, and they'll tell you it's the brilliant people with whom they collaborate and the opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In addition to gaining a quantum leap in your technical IQ, Carousel is a fun place with a work hard / play hard mentality and an inspiring culture. Whether it's assembling a team to compete in the next Tough Mudder or enjoying a summertime BBQ, Carousel employees consider their peers as family. To learn about our team and how you can be part of the Carousel family, find us at www.carouselindustries.com, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Candidate will be primarily responsible for managing, monitoring, implementing, designing, and availability of the Cloud Infrastructure for Carousel Industries. Role will also require assisting or implementing Customer VoIP network connectivity and design, troubleshooting, network discovery, turn up of VoIP Cloud Services. Other duties will include assisting in the everyday maintenance and evolution of the corporate data center infrastructure and alignment of cloud solutions with business strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the maintenance of a large enterprise firewall and switching infrastructure, deployments, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Implement switch, firewall, and routing related provisioning requests for onboarding new customers.
- Troubleshoot network communication problems from end to end.
- Correlate detected network events to identify potential problems or root causes, provide escalation support for problem resolution.
- Assist application and system owners in troubleshooting problematic network dependent applications.
- Implement firewall change in the context of incident resolution, problem management, service requests, and project completion.
- Work outside of normal business hours when required (scheduled maintenance, outage response, last minute urgent requests)
- Create, develop and maintain service delivery aligned processes and procedures and supporting documentation.
- Deploy OVA files into VMWare HA Clusters, configure VM's (Windows/Linux) for network connectivity.
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESX Clusters to troubleshoot and resolve host/vm related issues.
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks, iSCSI, jumbo frames, volume management.
- Experience with Avaya IP Office, Avaya Communication Manager, SBCs.
- At least one relevant professional level certification such as the CCNP, CCIP, JNCIP, JNCIS-FWV, NSE, VCA, VCP.
- Knowledge and/or certifications in Fortinet security products a plus.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in networking, firewalls, and VoIP.
- Professional level understanding of IPsec VPNs as well as real world implementation and troubleshooting experience.
- Professional level understanding of TCP and UDP including the ability to identify root cause of illusive problems through packet capture analysis.
- Professional level understanding of popular network communications protocols such as DNS, RPC, HTTP, H.323, SIP, etc.
- Professional level understanding of Ethernet and the surrounding technology such as Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1w, 802.1d)
- Professional level understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Fundamental understanding of VoIP protocols a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several concurrent tasks and priorities
- Very strong focus on the customers' needs and a willingness to accommodate them.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with almost no supervision.
- Travel required to Carousel Industries Offices and Data Centers, or to Customer sites as needed to perform job duties.
Problem Solving / Judgment:
- Proven problem solver with an extensive track record of successfully identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related to identify key of underlying issues; proven ability to define the problem or objective; identify relevant concerns or factors; identify patterns, tendencies and relationships; formulate logical and objective conclusions; recognize alternatives and their implications and to transfer patterns and / or collaborate with engineers to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components to achieve results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- Occasionally, be able to lift/move objects up to fifty pounds.
- Regularly, remainseatedfor long periods of time.
- Regularly use communication basic skills (talk or hear).
- Be able to communicate clearly to all levels of professionals.
- Consistently utilize specific vision abilities including close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with others.
- Give and take directions in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 8+ years in high demand networking or voice infrastructure role.