Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Job Code: 03132-85321
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 102 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. We have been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Director of Patient Safety is responsible for the design, planning, leadership, implementation, and evaluation of the facility Patient Safety and Risk Management Program in concert with the hospital(s) Mission, Vision and Values, Code of Conduct and overall Strategic Plan.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing
* Three (3) years clinical and managerial experience. Experience in utilizing work processing, spreadsheets, clinical systems and databases.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
* Master s degree in Nursing or related field.
* Five years clinical and managerial experience.
* Risk management, regulatory compliance, and patient safety training and experience.
MINIMUM LICENSE, CERTIFICATES, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
2. Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Manager (CPHRM) administered by the American Hospital Association within three (3) years from date of hire.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.