Project Analyst 2, Category Development at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Responsible for engaging in advanced analysis which encompasses the full scope of the category development function. Functions include the research of financial and business strategies that impact various sales projects, programs and systems for chain accounts in an assigned geography. Also provides data analysis to the customer team and researches and provides financial and business related analyses to assess impact of various sales projects, programs, systems and transactions.
- Drives advanced comprehensive data analysis for all aspects of the wine category for an assigned account for any suggested recommendations.
- Utilizes software programs (IRI, Spectra, Nielson, SMIS and chain data) to provide analysis and data processing to customer development team and assigned account.
- Develops new item presentations, customer marketing presentations and annual business reviews for assigned account management team.
- Adheres to "Best Practices" methodologies in all steps of the category development process.
- Leads the development of “Plan-O-Grams” for divisions of responsibility.
- Provides analytical support for customer development sales teams with scorecards, market analysis, sales data and forecasting reports.
- Provides the necessary reporting and analysis for both category development and sales needs.
- Manages category development processes; oversees project timelines for other Gallo project analysts.
- Prepares and coordinates Gallo special projects.
- Participates in preparing new item presentations, shopper marketing presentations and annual business reviews.
- Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset –Driving future-focused change
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Controls and monitors business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc.).
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of food and beverage sales or food and beverage category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Associate’s degree plus 5 years of food and beverage sales or food and beverage category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of E. & J. Gallo Winery Distributor Management or E. & J. Gallo Winery Category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Associate’s degree plus 4 years of E. & J. Gallo Winery Distributor Management or E. & J. Gallo Winery Category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 7 years of food and beverage sales or food and beverage category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Valid driver’s license. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality.
- Required to travel by air and car as part of job duties.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of distributor sales, winery sales or winery category management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5 years Gallo Category development experience.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and informational presentations.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Computer skill requirements include: intermediate MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Skilled in the use and application of data and data tools-IRI, Scan data, Nielsen, Household Panel, Spectra, sales data, Trade Dimensions, consumer data, MS Access and other query tools.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience performing work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, usually involving limited responsibility, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
- Skilled in leadership and teamwork functions.
- Skilled in planning and organizing work through effective project management.
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience interacting with vendor “on sites” regarding day-to-day operational activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer