Quality- Processing Lab Technican at Leprino Foods
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Roswell, New MexicoJob Description:
Requisition ID 2018-2681
# of Openings 1
Category Portal Searching Production Operations
Leprino Foods Company, a global leader in the dairy food and ingredient industry, is seeking Quality Processing Lab Technician to join our team in Roswell, NM. Leprino Foods is the world's largest supplier of mozzarella cheese and one of the largest suppliers of premium dairy nutrition ingredients. Our customers and business partners span the globe and include many of the world's largest food companies, restaurant chains and distributors.
As a Quality Processing Lab Technician you will be responsible for performing routine testing and control programs to monitor equipment and procedures to verify function and accuracy. You will obtain various in-process samples of finished cheese, processed cheese, ingredients, milk and cheese for chemical analysis.
If you have experience in a production or manufacturing environment, specifically in Quality, this may be the opportunity you have been seeking. We offer a comprehensive total compensation package which includes competitive wages, full benefits, bonus program, 401k employer match and profit sharing.
- Maintain instrumentation, cross-checks, and sample programs to assure test integrity and consistency in all test aspects.
- Perform necessary quality checks during processing to include evaluation of input quality, output quality, magnets, metal detectors, liquid application checks, packaging integrity, weights, dimension checks, cheese melt tests, compaction tests, fines/oversize tests etc.
- Understand the process of and be able to sample for bacti testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned by Forepersons and Supervisors.
- Must possess good communication skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with all departments.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to perform essential job functions safely.
- Prior production, process, lab analytical experience, and familiarity with computer data systems desired.
- Must possess ability to self-direct and work with limited supervision.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to work Sunday - Saturday, off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day operation.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8.5 hours.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work assignments with high degree of accuracy
Language and Technical Skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Able to read, write, and perform intermediate mathematical calculations
- Must be able to maintain accurate records
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Able to interpret data and make necessary decisions
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position will be exposed inside ambient temperatures and may include a wet / slippery environment with loud noise in varying degrees of temperature
- Specific vision may be required for this position, including close vision, distance vision, color and depth perception, and the ability to read computer screens for extended time periods
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Bending, squatting, reaching, and climbing up stairs/ladders are required throughout the shift.
- Standing and walking are required throughout the shift.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran