VBA/Excel Developer at US IT Solutions
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hawthorne, California
Software Developer with experience building Excel/VBA/SQL based applications needed for 6+ month contract assignment.
- Develop and automate end-user Excel applications and reports; including requirements verification, design reviews, development and testing, and thoroughly documenting application solutions and processes.
- Meet with business users to gather and understand user requirements, and translate into new tools/report.
- Support the user community with prompt, effective problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis to identify, document and solve technical problems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing interactive data driven applications using Excel VBA and SQL Server.
- Highly experienced using VBA and SQL.
- Ability to write performant SQL and write and diagnose SQL queries.
- Experience using different testing patterns and continuous integration processes.
- Must be creative to come up with new solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and get the job done with minimal supervision while also interacting with various business users.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to understand the technical implications of business decisions and requests.