Sales Representatitive at Tephra Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
The Sales Representative is a part of the Cosmetics Sales organization within Coatings, Adhesives, Specialties business group and will be responsible for the sale and promotion of Cosmetic raw materials to the personal care market sector.
- Call on assigned customers to promote the use of materials in personal care applications and assist with technical follow up to ensure achievement of sales.
- Identify new business opportunities and work closely with Business Development in NAFTA to identify customer-specific projects and technical needs.
- Communicate customer requirements or market needs to proper internal personnel.
- This includes sales forecasts and projections. Gather and assimilate, market and competitive information.
- Update annual Account Plans to ensure financial targets are met.
- Assist in formulation and implementation of long and short-term strategic product or marketing plans for assigned customers.
- Negotiate the price with customers including sales contracts, NDA’s. etc.
- Participate in local industry organizations (NYSCC) to maintain awareness of industry issues and network across to relevant customers or potential customers.
- Establish and maintain travel/entertainment budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical, sales or marketing field
- At least 2 years of experience in sales, business development or a technical area
- Good knowledge of cosmetic industry or/and affinity to cosmetics
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and remotely •Excellent communication, relationship, negotiation, analytical and organization skills in order to create & develop new sustainable business.
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels in the customer & internal organization and balanced sensitivity to customer concerns and business needs.
- Ability to elicit cooperation & influence business decisions.
- Business development-oriented, highly motivated and flexible with the ability to prioritize time and effort to focus on business opportunities which have most chances to succeed.
- Ability to initiate technical projects with Cosmetic customers.
- Ability to develop sufficient knowledge of SAP/CRM system to complete job requirements.
- Ability to develop sufficient knowledge of product safety protocols to manage customer inquiries in the appropriate manner.