General Manager at National Vision, Inc.
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Position Description :
The General Manager is responsible for the overall sales and profitability of a store location. This position manages all operations of the store to include store P& L, personnel, merchandising, inventory management, training and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives and achieves profit, sales and performance goals according to NVI standards.
- Budgets and monitors all financial controls to ensure profitability.
- Optimizes and oversees store operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with company's policies and operational guidelines. Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for improvement.
- Conveys a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and ensures all associates do the same.
- Conducts routine store audits of key store functions such as merchandising, professional relations, remakes, and customer service.
- Ensures quality standards are met and works with the store staff to reduce the number of remakes.
- Initiates ongoing communication with the District Manager and provides store reporting as required.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with doctor(s) associated with the store and serves as liaison between doctor and store personnel.
- Maintains facility to corporate and safety standards including building, equipment, parking lot and grounds.
- Other duties as required.
Merchandising and Inventory Control
- Ensures effective merchandising and execution of marketing, pricing promotions, and initiatives according to Brand and Company standards. Ensures all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Monitor and maintain supplies within budgeted amounts according to policy as directed.
- Ensures all visual merchandising is implemented and maintained.
- Forecasts staffing needs, recruits, selects and retains a high caliber staff.
- Creates schedules taking into account business trends, forecast and host traffic.
- Leads and coaches associates towards the attainment of sales and customer service goals. Partners with the Training Department and Employee Relations to ensure all training and development occur on time and when needed for each associate.
- Delivers clear, motivating and constructive feedback in a timely manner to all associates. Confronts problem performers directly and without delay; conducts investigations and initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and follows up to monitor progress.
- Ensures associates follow NVI policies and procedures and keeps associate files up to date including attendance, training and development.
- Completes annual performance reviews along with continuous coaching conversations with all associates.
Position Requirements :
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of retail experience. Supervising experience is preferred.
- Maintain Optical license in states that require licensure.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of optimization of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Able to demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service/sales.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals
- Ability to analyze and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified (Recommended).
- Knowledge of the optical industry preferred.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.