Mainframe Administrator II or Above (zSystems Software Analyst) at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Columbus, GeorgiaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
This position is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Mainframe z/OS and z/VM environments. This includes the management of various ISV products, as well as z/OS and individuals software suites that reside on the Mainframe. Additionally the configuration and management of zLinux images that reside on z/VM. Serves as a technical resource for the company and is responsible for resolving issues with all assigned vendor and system software used at TSYS installations.
Summary of This Role
- Optimizes Mainframe operating system (OS), firmware, and Independent Software Vendor's (ISV) products by interacting with the architect team, determining new products to improve efficiency and capabilities, performing strategic planning, and modifying architecture.
- Performs thorough research and analysis of designs and modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and software limitations.
- Plans advanced and functionally defined assignments and goals, with alternatives, actions, and results clearly specified.
- Prepares detailed project specifications and timelines for project management.
- Assists management by providing accurate estimates of work effort and impact of projects and tasks.
- Serves as a technical consultant given broad base system and product expertise and determines impact of the most complex system/software changes.
- Assumes leadership role for on-call responsibilities.
- Advises, teaches, and consults with a broad audience including internal and external clients and team members.
- Researches upgrades and alternative products and a combination of options to deploy new communication functionality or communication products in order to provide for high visibility from improved resiliency and decreased down time.
- Conducts reviews of message/transaction and data migration processes and evaluations of various communication channels to make highly complex environment and capacity management decisions that improve performance and/or resolve communication issues.
- Recommends to management changes in strategic direction and tactical solutions.
- Builds new communication channels when determined through interactions with the client (external and internal) and vendors.
- Approves and defines strategy and rules.
- Works with various vendors to help set the roadmap for the various programs and products through early support programs for various Database Management Systems (DBMS) products.
- Defines core set of system datasets to support DBMS.
- Sets up new clients database blueprints.
- Builds start tasks within an environment for various databases and related log files.
- May work with internal and external clients on connectivity and response time issues.
- Designs strategic disaster recover procedures to support implementation of new technologies based on system needs, designs, and requirements.
- Develops disaster recovery procedures including documentation to rebuild Mainframe systems within defined rebuild times.
- Develops requirements to maintain all changes for redundant systems to ensure live backups are always up to date.
- Leads disaster recovery efforts during testing, training, and actual outages
- Models capacity and resource projections based on prospective clients based on portfolio demographics providing cost estimates to Finance / respective pricing teams for contract development.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in system administration within a highly available enterprise environment or related experience.
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- TSYS experience is strongly preferred.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Operating Systems Knowledge (Mainframe Skills) - z/OS z/VM, zLinux
- General Business Knowledge - A basic level of understanding of the payments industry and the role TSYS performs for our clients. General knowledge of the enterprise infrastructure systems and how they work together to provide payment services.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.