Designer 1 at Pike Electric, Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina
Job ID: 16896
Position Description: This is the first level of the Designer classification. Provide technical expertise to solve in a specific area of design expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their area of expertise, and the ability to work with greater independence.
Duties & Responsibilities :
Under close supervision, in the area of expertise will provide
• technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings and sketches.
• continuous improvement of job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• maintain accurate records and files
• support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Graduation from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent) or 2 to 4 years of equivalent experience with no degree
• Proven STRONG Micro station skills
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Experience in the utility industry
* Strong Micro-station Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
UC Synergetic is an equal opportunity employer
UC Synergetic is a Non-Union Company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.