Senior Digital Analyst at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Assembly Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Daniel J. Edelman Holdings, Inc., is seeking a Senior Digital Analyst to join the Measurement & Insights Team in our Seattle office. The Senior Digital Analyst is responsible for translating raw data into actionable intelligence. Our work takes a number of forms, all of which require critical thinking and the ability to interpret data from a wide variety of sources. We are a team of creative problem solvers; as such, the ideal candidate for this role is curious, determined, collaborative and a creative thinker.
The Measurement & Insights team is engaged in every phase of digital campaign development and execution. Our specialists work closely with account teams across industry verticals, supporting a variety of needs. Our analytics inform strategies and tactics that drive business impact.
In this role, you will work with a variety of stakeholders to inform audience and message development, largely through the collection and interpretation of demographic, psychographic, behavioral and social media data. You will work as part of a team that is responsible for mapping business goals to digital key performance indicators, as well as setting targets and benchmarking progress along the way. You will collaborate with our Paid Media specialists, Content and Client Strategy teams, and colleagues across the global Edelman network to deliver data driven insights that help our clients achieve their goals. You will demonstrate aptitudes for mathematics and applied statistical analysis.
- Solve problems creatively through analysis, translating complex data sets into useful observations and insights
- Work with client teams at the onset of projects to determine key performance indicators (KPIs) and establish systems for data collection and measurement
- Compile regular KPI reports, drawing upon analytics to optimize campaign performance
- Conduct secondary research projects to inform campaign strategy, targeting, messaging, and creative
- Work closely with various teams to help collect relevant data, conduct meaningful analysis and compile the insights needed to achieve communications and business goals
- Communicate highly technical concepts and procedures in plain terms to clients and internal stakeholders
- Be well versed in digital media metrics and measurement
- The Senior Digital Analyst must have at least 4 years of relevant experience in digital analytics, preferably with a focus on web and social campaign analytics
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience with Adobe Analytics is required
- Experience with Google’s Analytics, native social media analytics platforms and third-party social media measurement and listening tools is strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to use complex formulas and employ pivot tables Must have mastery of PowerPoint, with the ability to present findings in a visually appealing and informative format
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to distill raw data into useful observations and actionable insights
- Proficient in non-academic writing, with a strong grasp of English grammar and syntax and a familiarity with AP style ideal
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills a must
- Experience working with (or interest in) data visualization tools and creative ways to convey information and trends
- Academic coursework in computer science, mathematics and/or statistics desired
- Candidates with experience in Python, R, or VBA strongly preferred