Systems Software Project Manager – Autonomous Driving at Aptiv
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv - a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringing
the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
About Electronics and Safety
Electronics and Safety provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Delphi to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this position
We are currently looking for a Systems Software Project Manager to work in our Kokomo, IN location. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the day to day systems and software development for one or more automotive electronic control units.
Responsibilities and duties
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility.
- Manage international/distributed systems and software engineering teams for Autonomous Driving Projects
- Resource planning and tracking
- Feature/Function planning and tracking
- Error estimation and tracking
- Monitor and measure performance at a project level (metrics)
- Track and plan inputs/output deliverables from/to other competencies
- Customer and Project Management contact for planning topics
- Project level risk management
- Change Management
- Negotiate timing and content of deliveries with customer, subcontractors, and project team
- Support systems and software process adherence and compliance with Quality Assurance standards
- Coordinate/lead global steering, iteration planning, and stand-up meetings
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in Embedded Software development
- 3+ years of experience in Software Project Management experience
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications)
- Thorough knowledge of Software project management methods and tools
- Experience with Agile development/management techniques
- Experience with globally distributed teams
- Experience in Change management, Problem resolution management, Risk management, and Supplier management
- Knowledge of SW Quality processes (e.g. SPiCE, CMMI)
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Experience in automotive and embedded systems.
- Strong communication, coordination and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of functional safety standards (ISO26262).
- C++ development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering process: software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Mindset of Continuous Improvement
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?