Technology Application Engineer - Connected Safety (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Technology Application Engineer - Connected Safety for the Personal Safety Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Technology Application Engineer – Connected Safety will closely interact with customers to implement, evangelize and drive adoption of 3M Connected Safety products.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Own the implementation of 3M connected safety products and software solutions at customer sites including customer engagement, onboarding, application installation, configuration, enablement, training and post installation support. Onsite implementations will be on an as needed basis.
- Develop deep expertise of the connected safety ecosystem and have strong domain knowledge in industrial workplace safety and health
- Collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products, reports, processes, and systems in the Connected Safety platform
- Establish strong relationships with customers and develop understanding of customer and market needs for 3M connected safety products. Work with product owners to translate customer requirements into product requirements
- Evangelize and drive adoption of 3M connected safety products
- Provide ongoing customer support when appropriate including Level 1 support through the 3M PSD Technical Services group and being part of the primary Level 2 Technical Support group. Level 2 support includes meeting a High SLA level; 24 hour turn around. Core hours: 8 AM - 5 PM (Central time)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in implementing software solutions and on-boarding customers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related Information Technology discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in implementing software solutions and onboarding customers
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with personal protective equipment and the industrial workplace safety and health space
- Experience with personal protective equipment and knowledge of the industrial workplace safety and health space
- Experience with data analysis technologies (e.g. Power BI, SQL)
- Experience with software development, configuration, troubleshooting, and technical customer support
- Experience working with Construction, Mining, Industrial Manufacturing, Oil & Gas industries
- Experience translating customer demands into the technical aspects of applications
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage customers in a fast-moving environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.