In-Room Dining Order Taker
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Description Summary
This candidate will handle room service via phone from guests. They will ensure orders are accurately posted to the appropriate guest account.
- Answer the telephone within three number of rings efficiently and professionally handle multiple incoming calls at once.
- Articulate and repeat each order to the guest before hanging up. Use guest name and title.
- Follow established script to encourage up-selling.
- Give guest the approximate time of delivery.
- Correctly enter all pertinent information of an order including special items, cooking meat instructions, no seasoning (MSG,salt), etc.
- Close checks to correct guest's room account.
- Print reports and/or paperwork at the end of shift.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum: Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Previous experience in a customer service position.
- Handle multiple incoming calls.
- Working with a keyboard.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when taking room service orders and interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisor.
- TABC certification.
- Food handler's certification.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when recording orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when recording and adding guest checks.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.