Associate Test Engineer at OCLC
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dublin, Ohio
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Associate Test Engineer analyzes requirements to produces test plans, test conditions, test cases, and other documentation. Ensures traceability between requirements and tests. Clarifies ambiguous requirements. Executes manual or automated tests, analyzes and records the results.
- Analyze project requirements and produce test conditions. If requirements do not exist then agree an approach to move forward with the Test Lead and Product Analyst.
- Clarify ambiguous requirements with the Product Analyst.
- Generate Test Procedures and Test Cases (manual and automated) to achieve the requirements.
- Write and automate gherkins using cucumber via Ruby, Java or other language used by the team.
- Ensure traceability between requirements and the test steps with the Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Execute Test Cases (including Smoke and Regression tests), record test results, analyze test failures and raise issues where appropriate.
- Attends peer reviews on Test Conditions, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues through meetings, video conferences, demonstrations etc.
- Develops knowledge of testing tools, environments and other applicable technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Shows drive and enthusiasm about testing.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the use of testing tools.
- Knowledge of tools for testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- General Quality Assurance knowledge.