HR Generalist - International
at First Solar Inc
Posted in Human Resources 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in Human Resources, required with Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a corporate environment, required
- Flexibility to manage communication during different time zones
- Proficiency in German or Spanish preferred
- International working experience preferred
- Experience working with HRIS System preferred
- Adept in working with different personality types and has the skill to be influential with all levels of management and staff
- Authorized to work in the US
- See above for Education and Experience requirements
- Solution-seeking and process-improvement oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Skilled in auditing and consulting the business on best practices, processes, and reporting risks and or changes to ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
- Ability to effectively use a broad range of tools to support analytical work, including data interpretation, benchmarking and modeling
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and positively maintain those relationships remotely through timely responses and cooperation to achieve mutual goals and objectives
- Ability to manage multicultural employee group
- Appropriately autonomous to take initiative without prescribed instruction
- Deft ability to self-prioritize workload and ability to effectively pivot as needed in a rapidly-changing and dynamic environment to drive effective results
- Must be detail-oriented and consistently accurate
- Excellent project management ability; develop and execute on project plans through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deliver effective presentations
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Active partnership with International HR Manager to ensure that hiring activities are sensible and process-adherent, includes:
- Identifying and requisitioning appropriate headcount authorization with Management and Internal HR
- Coaching hiring manager through new role development and facilitate internal HR/compensation processes
- Partnering with HR Manager and/or independently lead recruitment activities including talent search, candidate screening and final candidate identification
- Working within established processes and parameters to develop employment offers and coordinate/draft jurisdiction-appropriate employment contract documents
- Conduct onboarding and orientation activities to include:
- Direct facilitation of new hire documents and first-day support activities with pending hire, HRIS/Payroll, and local country administrative support
- Conducting of the orientation sessions and follow-on activities including SOX policies acknowledgement and post-orientation communications
- Partner with the International HR Manager in the development, revision and worldwide communication of organizational policies and procedures
- Actively partner with International HR Manager to provide a one stop shop of HR support for current employment matters, including:
- Coach managers on broad variety of employee issues to bring them to resolution
- Keep a pulse on associate morale by actively conducting quarterly temperature check ins
- Support HR Manager with documentation of investigation activities and manage assigned level of employee relations activity such as employee complaints, supervisor/manager concerns regarding practice or policy application, and performance improvement matters
- Partner with International HR Manager to support International associates on all human resource related matters including termination, performance management, annual pay planning and employee relations
- Develop and deliver value-add recommendations to the business on basic to moderate matters based on all applicable information sources to include employment law, best practice, and independent analysis
- Support International HR Manager on HR initiatives and special projects as assigned
- International business travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Job Description subject to change at any time
Office Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Employee Relations, Human Resources, Manufacturing
Bachelor of Business Administration: Human Resources Management (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.