Category Analyst - Value/ Publix & Albertsons (2 Vacancies) at Mars Incorporated
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Purpose of Role
The Category Management Business Analyst is an integral member of the category management team and is responsible for: the delivery of advanced data analytics and visualization, superior shelf design utilizing JDA Space Planning, and the creation/maintenance of team reporting capability. This is a developmental position that could lead to a broader category manager role within the team.
- Advanced Analysis and reporting- customer POS data, syndicated market data and household panel. Review raw data and derive insights and conclusions to make recommendations on indicated actions.
- Tool/Visualization creation- leverage computer programming/Excel knowledge to help visualize trends within complex data sets
- Interface with key Customer partners within the Merchandising organization
- Become an expert in all software and data sources (including Dollar General 1010 Data) used in Category Management
- POGs generation, reporting and proofing
Critical Functional Competencies
- Leveraging Insights to Action: Leverages a wide range of relevant data frequently and connects insights to the most-valued customer need and opportunity
- Analytical Acumen: Combines disparate data sources together seamlessly to provide analysis on complete business problems. Monitors trends from critical data sources to anticipate and act proactively.
- Category Acumen: Understands customer strategies, opportunities and needs as well as judge if/how category management can address those needs.
Key Supporting Competencies
- Demonstrated organization, attention to detail and priority goal setting.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and responsively both inside and outside of the organization
- Very strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in programming, Microsoft Office with advanced proficiencies in Excel and proficiencies in JDA space planning.
- Understanding of the key retail fundamentals (Distribution, Pricing, Shelving, and Merchandising
- Be available to travel on a flexible schedule
- Working knowledge of Nielsen Answers
- Be available and work in customer’s layout center or Mars layout center to build POGs for customer reviews including the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an analytical position that required gathering information from multiple sources to support the data based decision making process
- Bachelor’s degree
- Involved in the Category Management Process a plus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.