Stewarding Supervisor at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Description SummaryUnder the guidance of the Executive Steward and within policies and procedures in force, ensures that the Food & Beverage department is in operational level in regards to service procedures and Sonesta Hotel Standards. Maintains close communication with the Kitchen, Bar, Restaurant and Banquet department.
- Ensures proper service to clients during the meetings and functions.
- Ensures proper cleaning of all equipment for restaurant and banquets.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working order.
- Supervises set up and stewarding staff.
- Ability to supervise stewarding staff to include
- Daily assignments for the shift team members
- Address day-to-day concerns of staff
- First line of mediation of conflict between other departments and stewarding staff during shift if needed
- Training and retraining of staff in tasks
- Assists in set-up, breakdown and cleaning of function rooms to the desired specifications set forth by the catering & convention department.
- Makes sure that the kitchen, restaurant and banquets have enough china, silver and glassware.
- Assists in making schedules and assists in controlling payroll.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.