Cyber Underwriter - Eastern Underwriting Center at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
We are currently seeking candidates for an Underwriting Center Cyber Underwriter position for our Eastern Underwriting Center within Chubb’s Commercial Insurance. The ideal underwriter will have moderate experience handling cyber lines of coverage seeking a leadership role in developing and training a team of underwriters in addition to their own underwriting responsibilities. This position has a matrix reporting relationship to the Eastern Underwriting Center CIS Manager and the CI Cyber Product Manager.
Our Underwriters are responsible for blending analytical and marketing skills into an effective business style by applying analytical skills to the risk assessment process; developing solutions for global customers; cultivating relationships with agents and brokers while using relationship to place business with Chubb; selling Chubb’s competitive advantages in the marketplace and negotiating pricing and terms and conditions in a competitive marketplace that meet the customer’s needs and positions Chubb to achieve a profit.
As an Underwriting Center Cyber Underwriter in Chubb’s Eastern Underwriting Center, major duties and responsibilities are:
- Develops renewal cross sell and new business strategies for cyber and assists a team of underwriters in achieving their goals. Determines terms, conditions and binds coverage
- Documents the underwriting files
- Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
- Assists in the cyber product training and development of property & casualty underwriters
- Understand and communicate the cyber coverage responses from multiple lines of business.
- 3 years Cyber underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Internet usage
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Marketing skills
At Chubb we are totally committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories are not automatically disqualified from employment. Factors such as job-relatedness of the conviction, age and time of occurrence, and the seriousness and nature of the circumstances will be considered.