Senior Data Scientist-Health Outcomes & Evaluation Research at Cigna
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Cigna Analytics offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers to reduce health costs, improve outcomes, and measure and forecast business performance. The team provides the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex and complicated business problems and identify opportunities for innovation for US based business lines including individual/retail and employer segments, network, disability, dental, service operations, and pharmacy.
By partnering with the business lines, these analytic competencies enable efficient and effective decision making to allow us to constantly improve and create evidence-based customer-focus solutions.
So, you’re interested in becoming the newest member of this team? Great choice! Let’s check some boxes to see if you fit the bill:
• Perform advanced trend analytics to answer “what happened?”
• Conduct root cause statistical analyses to answer “why did this happen?”
• Develop predictive models to answer “what will happen next?” and “who is it likely to happen to?”
• Mine data to answer “where are the opportunities?”
• Deploy innovation processes and pilot campaigns to answer “how can we get better?”
You will be expected to have the requisite content knowledge related to evaluating program outcomes, statistical modeling techniques, and general health service research. You will interface with clinical, pricing, actuarial, reporting, product development, operations, and marketing departments as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, flexible and embrace change.
• Extraction and analysis of large healthcare claims data using SAS, SQL, R, Teradata, Hadoop, etc.
• Opportunity analysis including descriptive and multivariate statistics to identify patterns in the data
• Matched-case control studies and/or randomized control trials for determining the effectiveness of health program services and solutions
• Creation of actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders
• Presentation of results and recommendations to non-technical business partners and stakeholders to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers.
· Strong customer focus and management of client expectations
· Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Biostatistics, or Epidemiology highly preferred or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in related analytics
· Experience with statistical software program SAS (SAS Enterprise Guide is a plus) is required
· Comprehension of healthcare data (e.g., ICD-9/ICD-10, claims, profiling), statistical analysis experience, and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes
· Working knowledge of program evaluation, predictive modeling, data mining, steerage, pharmacy and care management
· Translate business needs into practical applications and solutions
· Leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization and at different levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders
· To influence, drive, and improve the areas above, the person in this position will need to be self-motivated and possess strong leadership qualities
· Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment
· Emerging track record of presentations / publications