Protective Services Officer at EBSI
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canton, Massachusetts
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The role of the Protective Services Officer is to ensure and maintain the safety and security of all company personnel, visitors, property and assets. This is done through proactive patrols of Emergent property and monitoring of computer systems including but not limited to building management, access control, fire detection CCTV, and visitor management.
- Conduct protective surveillance of all security systems. This will include cameras, fence alarms, fire alarms, key access, card access, etc.
- Review and process log reports, similar documents and provide proper follow-up & documentation to any alarms or deficiencies
- Stay current on any changes or additions to SOP's associated with the health, safety and security related to the company
- Evaluate hazardous or dangerous situations and take appropriate action to protect the safety of Emergent personnel/ visitors
- Provide proactive patrols of all areas of Emergent property; to include buildings, parking lots, etc. Conduct periodic patrols of parking areas and building when time permits
- Responsible for the consistent enforcement of all safety, security and company policies
- Enforce company rules and regulations on property, which includes consistency in contact with violators of company policy and procedures
- Maintain building security by inspecting doors, windows, gates, etc. to determine that they are secure and functioning properly
- Completion of daily physical security and protective service audits
- Employ a variety of proactive patrol techniques and strategies to ensure the safety and security of all Emergent-affiliated persons and property. Patrols to include by not limited to: building perimeter(s), property, grounds, parking lots, exterior & interior of buildings, etc.
- Daily review of all departmental memos to ensure awareness of procedures, policy changes, etc.
- Monitor all in-coming foot and/or vehicle traffic and correctly log all pertinent information on daily log and make sure all logs are turned in at the end of every shift
- Utilize self-initiated methods to identify and reduce Emergent’s exposure to internal & external risks and threats
- Provides visual and physical security, while posted at the security outpost (when applicable)
- Display strong observational and organizational skills in performing duties in a professional manner
- Act as a key facilitator in promoting the department’s client-centered public safety approach. Assist and provide escort services to employees, contractors and visitors, as necessary
- Investigate and file reports of security and safety concerns involving any security related issues, building structures, grounds, and parking areas
- May perform security training at sites
- Be punctual and properly groomed & dressed when reporting for duty. Follow departmental guidelines relating to the before mentioned
- Properly maintains departmental issued equipment and uniforms
- Responsible to follow the "chain of command". Know and follow proper office policy
- Be consistent and fair in the enforcement of departmental and company policies. Be proactive rather than reactive in approach to duties
- Display the ability to exercise independent judgment, within the company & department guidelines. Show the ability to be a "team player", within the department
- Continuously strive to meet, improve and comply with all departmental & company policies and procedures
- Perform duties assigned by the Lead Officer and command staff of Protective Services. Assist in ensuring that all security measures are operational. Work closely with supervisors to keep them informed on all security related issues
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High School diploma required; Associates in Business, Criminal Justice, Emergency Management or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of Corporate Security, Military and/or related experience
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to pass various background checks; criminal and/or otherwise
- Ability to gain applicable industry or professional certifications as needed
- Ability to obtain certification in PPCT Defensive Tactics, CPR, First Aid, AED and Concealed Weapons Permit (All required)
- Successfully meet minimum requirements for the Physical Agility Testing and pass medical physical/ drug screening, as required
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong report-writing skills
- Basic computer operations and applications. Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data, fire & security systems
- Experience with CCTV, DVR and other electronic equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the company
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings, weekends or holidays as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 100 lbs., and pull 100 lbs. Use phone, copier, computer, and copier. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate. Work outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity, multiple locations, and restricted access laboratory, and in contact with select agents, exposure to animals, animal areas, or equipment used in animal area environment.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
"UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NO REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT INDIVIDUALS SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILIAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100."
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.