at DRS Technologies
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of services and materials.
- Perform a variety of general tactical duties as required to support purchasing activities
- Follow through on any supplier changes (Engineering Change Notices)
- Communicate supplier performance
- May assist in negotiations and apply basic knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
- Maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Manage any supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and assigned suppliers. Conducts status and business review meetings with suppliers.
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in Purchasing
- Must have DoD experience
- Must have familiarity with FAR and DFAR
- Extensive experience in procurement of mechanical parts from sheet metal to complex machined parts.
- Requires the ability to understand military specs, technical drawings, read blue prints
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- US citizenship required
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS #LEL
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.