Sr. Packaging Engineer at The Timken Company
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to provide analytical and project management expertise to
assist in implementing packaging for bearings and power transmission products which will
meet or exceed our customer's requirements while maintaining global consistency. This
position will help lead the analysis, planning and implementation of key projects as defined by
the packaging and logistics leadership team.
- Assist in creation of new packaging solutions through analytics and problem solving techniques.
- Working on new acquisitions, product launches or new global solutions.
- Input into the writing and global adherence to standards and specifications including performing audits and proper loading into company databases such as Global Packaging website and other databases as needed (such as Edoc's).
- Conceive, plan and implement continuous improvement ideas which will lead to reduced costs
while still reducing costs or improving quality while protecting the brand. This to be accomplished by gathering and analyzing data from a variety of databases in order to arrive at fact-based decisions.
- Assist in training for associates globally and participate in investigations of possible counterfeit packaging.
- Ability to use MS packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Ability to read, understand and create engineering drawings and use drawing packages (Solid
- Works, CAD)
- Ability to communicate well in written or oral form to all levels of Timken associates
- Must be comfortable making presentations to Timken mgt. and customers
- Ability to use SAP software or other ERP system
- Ability to use time management techniques to manage multiple projects
- Good problem solving skills
- Have understanding of shipping dynamics including load transfer and shock/vibration
- Good project management skills
- Understanding of packaging materials, packaging equipment, distribution packaging and processes
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering OR Chemical Engineering
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.