at Kaiser Permanente
Posted in Biotechnology 7 months ago.
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Manages Ergonomics Program for the KP Colorado region; partnering with Regional Operations, National Environmental Health and Safety, National Facilities, and Human Resources. This position is multifaceted in that this position will be responsible for providing both technical and administrative support to the assigned departments for the region and implementing and maintaining the ergonomic standards.
• Responsible for the implementation and project management of Kaiser Permanente's Ergonomic Standard.
• Conducts ergonomic assessments and generate evaluation reports.
• Performs ergonomic job hazard analyses of work stations with identified risk factors including job process, work station and work method and follow up to evaluate effectiveness of changes.
• Assists in identifying the nature and location of workplace ergonomic hazards, and implementation of measures to reduce or eliminate such problems.
• Applies ergonomic/body mechanic expertise for the control of exposures which have caused or may cause Repetitive Motion Injury including work station redesign, adjustable fixtures and tool redesign by determination and application of technically and economically feasible means of abatement.
• Works with construction staff to design and implement recommendations. Works closely with Facilities to ensure that national standards are utilized in the constructions and redesign of buildings and work spaces.
• Works to train all levels of employees regarding safety training including the proper use of and procedures for tools and equipment as well as general training on risk factors contributing to ergonomic hazards.
• Provides body mechanics education and training.
• Provides tracking/trending information and recommendations to mitigate workplace injuries and illnesses and maintains associated database.
• Ability to work various hours as needed to accommodate various work shifts of Kaiser.
• Consistently supports compliance, ADA, and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non- compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
• The union and the company are currently investigating the bargaining unit status of this position. If it is determined that this is a bargaining unit position, bargaining unit status (seniority dates, dues payments etc.) will be applied on a retroactive basis based on the employment commencement date.Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum five (5) years of work experience performing, ergonomic assessments of basic and complex work sites, job analysis, detailed report writing, training, and tracking.
• Minimum two (2) years of work experience conducting patient handling body mechanics and patient handling equipment education.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, occupational safety and environmental science, rehabilitation, physiology, human factors or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Possess, or be willing to obtain a recognized professional certification in ergonomics within one year of hire.
• Excellent communication and consultation skills to physicians, supervisors, and employees regarding safety matters to reduce the risk of human injury, potential liability and loss of Company assets pertaining to ergonomic/body mechanics workplace safety.
• Ability to select appropriate ergonomic devices and products related to work environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with private information in a confidential manner.
• Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership.
• Working knowledge of OSHA, EEOC, ADA, and FMLA.
• Proven ability to determine key business issues and develop effective action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Written and oral skills commensurate with communicating to senior leadership.
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement preferred.
• Clinical licensure (Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Nursing, etc) and/or Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE), Certified Professional Ergonomics (CPE) Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, or other relevant licensures or certifications.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.