Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Location: San Diego, California
Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you as an Electrical Design Engineer II based in our sunny San Diego, CA office!
Who are we? We are Montrose, a global environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients' decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements.
We have over 80 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia and are approaching 3000 employees - all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
As a key member of our Montrose team, you can expect:
• Mentorship and professional development resources to advance your career
• Direct exposure to our industry's leading experts who are solving the world's toughest environmental challenges
• An entrepreneurial environment where you can learn, thrive and collaborate with talented colleagues
• Opportunities to engage and contribute in our Diversity, Fairness and Inclusion and Women Empowering Leadership employee resource groups
• Competitive compensation package: annual salary ranging from $75,000 to $100,000, commensurate with accomplishments, performance, credentials and geography
• Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
• 401k with a competitive 4% employer match
• Progressive vacation policies, company holidays and paid parental leave benefits to ensure work/life balance
• A financial assistance program that supports peers in need, known as the Montrose Foundation
• Access to a student loan planning tool to optimize your student loan payoff plans and compare student loan rates with lenders.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Electrical Design Engineer II will work on all aspects of the electrical power distribution systems for all ECT2 water treatment and biogas generation projects. This role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
• Strive for the development of reliable, effective, and safe products that have an impact on the emerging contaminant and biogas fields.
• Be an integral part of our safety culture, approaching all aspects of work with a safety-first attitude.
• Responsible for the electrical engineering designs of projects (electrical power distribution, back-up power generation, motor control, lighting, electrical safety, arc-flash and grounding).
• Create, edit, and interpret engineering design drawings, specifications, and scope documents.
• Coordinate work on projects of various scales from schematic design development through startup and commissioning of systems
• Ensure that the technical content of engineering and design deliverables meet applicable international/national and local code requirements and quality expectations
• Assist with electrical start-up and commissioning of systems by conducting project site visits and reviewing as-built conditions
• Assist I&C Engineers with development of power distribution for PLC/HMI Control panels for new treatment systems
• Perform electrical power distribution and panel wiring schematic design, with associated procurement and fabrication oversight
• Draft technical sections as applicable to electrical designs of project communications and reports.
• Train operators and internal clients on electrical safety procedures and standard operating procedures
• Interface with application engineering team to assist with pre-engineering for system sales
• Perform construction & fabrication oversight with our partner fabrication shops and customer's contractors.
• Develop Excel design tools/tables, equipment lists, O&M manuals, and electrical design standards
• Coordinate electrical equipment procurement and work with vendors to get technical information, pricing, and lead time.
• Support Project Managers as electrical technical lead and oversee completion of technical tasks to scope, schedule, and budget.
• Willing and available to travel 20-25% of the time, primarily domestically with potential for international travel opportunity.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in electrical engineering or related field
• 3-5 years professional electrical engineering experience
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam and working towards or have already obtained a Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in minimum of one state with the ability to obtain licensure in other states as projects require
• NCEES Registration preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of power distribution design, switchgear, panelboards, MCCs, VFDs, industrial power systems from low to high voltage.
• Technical knowledge of power cable/conduit schedules, load lists, and electrical plans.
• Technical knowledge of controls wiring design, familiarity with PLC/SCADA operation and instrumentation selection
• Strong working knowledge of the NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
• Experience with industrial codes and generally accepted governing electrical codes and standards.
• Familiarity with process P&IDs, PFDs, and specifying EI&C equipment required.
• Familiar with the engineering and design process and project delivery for sustaining capital projects. This includes front end engineering, cost estimates, gated reviews, detailed engineering, and construction support.
• Software proficiency with AutoCAD
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical, and organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up experience
MAKE THE MOVE TO ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit everyone. We are a fast-paced, dynamic and high-growth company. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues and its service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, and head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
AMN Healthcare Inc.