Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Location: Orlando, Florida
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we collaborate with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our global innovation hubs will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Are you ready to make a positive difference for our planet and join a dynamic group of professionals who share this common value? Our engineering and support teams are focused on providing resilient engineering designs for the United States infrastructure. If this sounds appealing to you, then consider our Drainage Engineer opportunity. The position is based in Orlando, FL.
This is an opportunityto join our Orlando Transportation Group and, under the direction of a project manager, prepare drainage designs and plans for FDOT, Florida's Turnpike Enterprise, expressway authorities, counties, municipalities, and other agencies. Since the candidate will have the option to work remotely, they should be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently but also enjoy working in a team environment. Previous experience designing FDOT projects is preferred. A typical day might include performing drainage design studies, coordinating with roadway designers and environmental staff, and overseeing the production of drainage plans.
• Perform drainage discipline leader duties required to successfully deliver projects within scope, schedule, and budget to the client's satisfaction, coordinating with project teams and subconsultants
• Perform design and analysis of roadway stormwater treatment and conveyance systems
• Develop drainage plans, including plan views, ditch profiles, drainage structure sheets, erosion control, and stormwater pollution prevention plans
• Perform quality controlof drainage designs and plans developed by others
• Prepare project design documentation in accordance with FDOT, FDEP, and water management district standards
• Prepare Estimated Quantities Reports and cost estimates
• Meet with key clients, particularly within FDOT, to share the team's innovative solutions for complex issues
• Stay abreast of new and innovative approaches to solving stormwater and drainage design challenges
• Perform marketing and business development including meeting with clients, developing design concepts, providing content for proposals, and preparing presentations.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
• Professional Engineer (PE) License in Florida required, or able to obtain within one year
• 4+ years of related drainage engineering experience
• Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
• Experience with the FDOT Design Manual (FDM), FDOT Standard Plans, FDOT Drainage Manual and other drainage design standards
• Knowledge of modeling software and permitting requirements
• Proficiency with OpenRoads Designer and FDOT Connect software as well as Microsoft Office software, to include Word and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech offers comprehensive benefit options that allow employees to design a plan based on individual needs and assist in planning for long-term financial security. Available benefits include health insurance, term life, disability, accidental death & dismemberment coverage, time off with pay (TOWP), 401k, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
• LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers
• Twitter: @TetraTechJobs
• Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized the equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Florida Detroit Diesel