Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Location: Orlando, Florida
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we collaborate with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our global innovation hubs will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Are you ready to be a part of the strategic growth of Tetra Tech's Transportation Division and join a dynamic group of professionals who share this common passion? Our transportation engineering and support teams are focused on providing engineering designs for the United States infrastructure to agencies around the country, including 13 state DOTs. If this sounds appealing to you, then consider our Roadway Engineer, PE opportunity. The position is based in Orlando, FL with the flexibility to work remotely from other locations or from home.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Roadway Engineer to join our Orlando Transportation Group and, under the direction of a project manager, will prepare roadway design plans for FDOT, Florida's Turnpike Enterprise, expressway authorities, counties, municipalities, and other agencies.
Since the candidate will have the option to work remotely, they should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently but also enjoy working in a team environment. A typical day might include developing project designs and directing designers and CADD technicians to successfully execute and deliver project work while implementing client-focused strategies.
• Design roadway improvement and new construction projects, including resurfacing, reconstruction, widening, intersections, and interchanges.
• Serve as Engineer of Record on roadway design projects.
• Develop conventional and NextGen large-format roadway plans
• Prepare project design documentation, including typical section packages, pavement design reports, design exceptions and variations
• Prepare Estimated Quantities Reports and cost estimates
• Work and coordinate with project team members and subconsultants.
• Perform marketing and business development to include meeting clients, developing design concepts, providing content for proposals, and preparing presentations.
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
• Professional Engineer (PE) License in Florida preferred, FDOT project experience required
• 4+ years of engineering experience, including roadway design and plan production
• Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
• Previous experience designing FDOT projects is preferred.
• Familiarity with the FDOT Design Manual (FDM), FDOT Standard Plans, and other roadway/highway design standards
• Proficient with OpenRoads Designer, FDOT Connect software, Microsoft Office software, to include Word and Excel
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech offers comprehensive benefit options that allow employees to design a plan based on individual needs and assist in planning for long-term financial security. Available benefits include health insurance, term life, disability, accidental death & dismemberment coverage, time off with pay (TOWP), 401k, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
• LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers
• Twitter: @TetraTechJobs
• Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized the equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Florida Detroit Diesel