Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we collaborate with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our global innovation hubs will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®
Are you ready to make a positive difference for our planet and join a dynamic group of professionals who have this common value? Our engineering and project teams are focused on providing resilient engineering for the United States infrastructure. If this sounds appealing to you, then consider our Transportation Environmental Planner opportunity. The position is based in Houston, TX.
As a Senior Environmental Planner, you will be part of a dynamic and creative team that works on cutting-edge transportation projects that address the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century. You will be responsible for integrating environmental considerations into every stage of the transportation planning and decision-making process, from conceptualization to implementation.
• Oversee and conduct field work for environmental studies.
• Prepare environmental documents, technical reports, and memorandums.
• Ensure environmental documents follow and meet accepted NEPA or client processes and requirements.
• Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmental permits.
• Establish budgets and schedules for assigned projects.
• Maintain liaison with clients on assigned projects and see that regular project reports are made to clients.
• Manage coordination and communication with regulatory agencies.
• Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, biology, engineering, or equivalent
• 15+ years of experience in related environmental field
• Valid Driver's License with and acceptable driving record
• Professional certifications in environmental sciences and planning preferred
• Thorough understanding of NEPA process and other applicable environmental laws and regulations
• Experience managing a team
• TxDOT precertification preferred
• Position requires periodic travel, approximately 20%
• Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to proactively develop and collaborate with a network of key relationships internally and externally
• Traverse over rough terrain, and constantly position self to operate miscellaneous survey equipment.
• May be subject to exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions, hazardous materials and chemicals, heavy construction equipment, confined spaces, heights, and air and waterborne pathogens.
• May handle and move items up to 50 lbs for various needs.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech offers comprehensive benefit options that allow employees to design a plan based on individual needs and assist in planning for long-term financial security. Available benefits include health insurance, term life, disability, accidental death & dismemberment coverage, time off with pay (TOWP), 401k, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
• LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers
• Twitter: @TetraTechJobs
• Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized the equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC