Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We are seeking an experienced and talented individual to join our team as the Accident Investigations Fleet Safety Senior Manager. In this pivotal role, you will lead a team responsible for reducing accidents, improving safety, minimizing liability, and ensuring accurate accident data for future analysis. As a Bentonville-based position supporting the Walmart Transportation network across the US, you will be responsible for leading effective investigations, maintaining detailed accident files and a DOT accident register, managing teams, leading projects, and addressing unreported damages. Reporting to the Senior Director of Fleet Safety, you will play a key role in maintaining safety within the organization. If you have a proven track record of success in accident investigation and management, as well as strong leadership and communication skills, we want to hear from you. Join our team and help us drive our commitment to safety to new heights!
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
• You are an experienced accident investigator with a strong understanding of crash causation, have experience determining root cause and fault/preventability or if you have experience investigating unreported or found damage.
• You are an experienced leader with the ability to develop and mentor direct reports and build a foundation team to support accident investigations throughout the organization.
• Expert knowledge of Transportation & Fleet Safety, DOT guidelines, and expert knowledge of FMCSA's crash preventability program.
• You have previous knowledge and understanding of the FMCSA Data Q process
• Ability to effectively communicate with and build rapport with the members of the transportation organization.
• You have previous experience as a project manager.
• You have 5+ years of experience in the field of Fleet Safety, Transportation within End-to-End Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Traffic Safety, Transit Safety, or related field.
• You have 3 + years' experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies within Supply Chain or manufacturing environments.
You'll make an impact by...
• Developing a team that will implement investigation strategies to effectively identify the causes and contributing factors of accidents.
• Managing and owning the data related to fleet accidents and collisions, ensuring that all are reviewed for accurate entry into database and monitored for timely closure.
• Maintain a separate register specifically for DOT accidents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Collaborating with stakeholders to share relevant information and analyzing stakeholder needs throughout end-to-end delivery.
• Completing investigations on found damage reports that will allow the company to better understand the financial liability and where to bill the cost associated with the damage.
• Leading projects to mitigate unreported damages through technology.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety Management; Industrial Hygiene; Environmental Science, Traffic Safety; Transit Safety; Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or related field AND 3 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
Option 2: 5 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
3 years' experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (for example Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) , Lean Six Sigma) within Supply Chain or manufacturing environments.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
1 or More Degreed Certifications (Associate Safety Professional; Certified Safety Professional; Certified Industrial Hygienist; Graduate Safety Practitioner) or Non-degreed certifications (Safety Management Specialist; Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician; Safety Trained Supervisor; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified Director of Safety; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified safety Supervisor; Safety Management Specialist; Certified Safety Manager; Safety Director; Licensed Safety Professional; Certified Safety and Health Manager; Construction Health and Safety Technician), Microsoft Office Suite; SharePoint and OneDrive
311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
Best Friends Animal Society