Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Looking for a challenging and rewarding career in transportation safety? Consider joining Walmart's Transportation team as the Training and Communications Senior Manager - Fleet Safety. In this critical role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing effective communication strategies to ensure consistent and timely distribution of fleet safety information to all field employees. You will also be responsible for creating and delivering training programs, developing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and guidelines, and providing continued oversight of governance documents. This Bentonville based position will support Walmart's Transportation network and report to the Senior Director of Fleet Safety. If you are a talented communicator with a passion for safety, apply now to become a part of Walmart's innovative and dynamic Transportation team.
You will sweep us off our feet if...
• You have experience in preparing both written and verbal content for communication to large groups.
• You understand adult learning, how long someone can be on task, when refreshers need to happen, or you are experienced in collaborating with an outside consultant to review training and development content.
• You have experience with creating training content and updating Safety policies and procedures.
• You have experience developing and implementing effective communication strategies.
• Expert knowledge of Transportation & Fleet Safety, and DOT guidelines
• Experience creating and delivering training programs
• Proven ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
• You have 5+ years of experience in the field of Fleet Safety, Transportation within End-to-End Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Traffic Safety, Transit Safety, or related field.
• You have 3 + years' experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies within Supply Chain or manufacturing environments.
You will make an impact by...
• Collaborating with Stakeholders - Analyze stakeholder needs and partner with stakeholders to share relevant information throughout end-to-end delivery.
• Updating and developing governance documents , reviewing existing governance documents, procedures , SOPs, or policies, and recommending revisions.
• Developing and implementing effective communication strategies to ensure that fleet safety information is communicated consistently and in a timely manner to all field employees. This may involve developing communication plans, establishing communication channels, and utilizing various communication tools such as email, newsletters, intranet, and social media.
• Developing and maintaining policies, procedures, and guidelines This involves staying up-to-date with industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and internal standards to ensure that the fleet safety program is effective and compliant.
• Ensuring continued oversight of governance documents related to fleet safety. This may include reviewing and updating policies, procedures, and guidelines on a regular basis to ensure they remain relevant and effective. Maintain any changes or updates to the governance documents and communicating these changes to field employees.
• Developing annual 12-month training and communications content calendar.
•Understanding training methodologies; the training content development processes; organizational training lifecycles. Delivering training modules from existing lesson plans. Evaluating the proficiency and creativity exhibited in handling multiple skill levels in the same platform. Evaluates the effectiveness of modules and lesson plans. Analyzes feedback and suggestions from course developers on potential improvements.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you will quickly find we are a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you will discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you will be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety Management; Industrial Hygiene; Environmental Science, Traffic Safety; Transit Safety; Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or related field AND 3 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
Option 2: 5 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
3 years' experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (for example Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) , Lean Six Sigma) within Supply Chain or manufacturing environments.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
1 or More Degreed Certifications (Associate Safety Professional; Certified Safety Professional; Certified Industrial Hygienist; Graduate Safety Practitioner) or Non-degreed certifications (Safety Management Specialist; Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician; Safety Trained Supervisor; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified Director of Safety; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified safety Supervisor; Safety Management Specialist; Certified Safety Manager; Safety Director; Licensed Safety Professional; Certified Safety and Health Manager; Construction Health and Safety Technician), Microsoft Office Suite; SharePoint and OneDrive
311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.