Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Baytown, Texas
Job ID: 472444
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Provide inspection, testing services, and documentation for plant facilities. Develop and maintain relationships with key customers, facility managers, DOT personnel, State, County, and Municipal personnel. Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for evaluation of volumetric data necessary for adjustments to mix production to ensure compliance for all applications and projects.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Use accepted methods to inspect, sample, and test aggregates, asphalt, or other materials for the purpose of quality control.
• Sample and test mixtures to stay in compliance with contract specifications and quality control tolerance.
• Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure our products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer.
• Prepare and record accurate information; maintain test results database.
• Obtain required certifications in a timely manner.
• Maintain all laboratory equipment, keeping track of all certification paperwork on lab scales and other equipment that requires annual re-certification.
• Follow quality control plans and guidelines as assigned.
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
• Follow all company policies and OSAH / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures.
• Perform general cleaning of work areas.
• Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
• Minimum or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Must obtain and maintain DOT certifications required to test asphalt as required by state regulations.
• Less than one year of experience in a related field is required.
• Candidate must have a TxDOT certified level 1A ( plant production specialist certification)
• Must be 18 years in age or older.
• Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must have strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Must have valid driver's license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
• Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
• Must know and understand all DOT regulations, such as sampling frequency, sampling methods, graduation requirements, quality requirements, etc.
• Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
• Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations.
• Must have or acquire basic computer skills and be able to work with e-mail and simple spreadsheets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
• May require sitting for extended periods of time.
• Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
• Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to hold weights of 5-10lbs in a stretched arm position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs (minimum) on a repetitive basis.
• Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
• Able to work in all weather conditions.
• Able to work extended hours if needed.
• Job hazards include exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and all weather conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Veolia North America
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers