Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
Location: Denver, Colorado
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
The Principal Advisor – Process Control is responsible for identifying, designing, supporting the implementation of, and reviewing the quality of process control optimization improvements to drive value in our processing plant by optimizing process conditions.
The incumbent will work with site and central technical resources to ensure the safe delivery of processing automation improvements and will be responsible for the quality of the work delivered by the Senior Process Control Engineers in the technical resources group.
The incumbent will also be responsible for documenting best-practice process control standards and supporting the rapid replication of these standard methodologies across the business.
The incumbent will be required to maintain a current knowledge of standard methodology and vision across other companies and industries to continue to ensure Newmont is on the forefront of fixed plant automation practices.
This position reports to the Manager – Process Control and is based in our Denver headquarters. Candidates located in Perth, Western Australia will also be considered.
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Bachelors level or higher degree in an appropriate field – such as Process Control; Mechatronics; Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in Process Control Engineering and/or Processing Optimization.
• Extensive experience in optimization of processing plants; including site-based process control roles
• Demonstrated understanding of standard methodology in control and optimization theory and strategy
• Experience in mentoring technical resources highly regarded
• Experience in gold processing preferred but not crucial
• Experience working in other regions preferred but not crucial: Africa, North & South America
• Demonstrated experience in using analytical tools to assess process and automation performance (e.g. Plant Historians, Excel tools, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of control theory, process optimization, and control strategy design.
• Strong communication and facilitation skills across all organizational levels
• Solid understanding of key control systems highly regarded: Yokogawa Centum; Allen-Bradley Rockwell PLCs; Schneider Modicon PLCs; Citect SCADA; Emerson Delta-V DCS; Rockwell Factory Talk View SCADA
• Able to rapidly understand and communicate sophisticated control challenges and solutions
• Capable of adapting to and effectively implementing change
• Demonstrated initiative with a focus towards identifying and solving sophisticated problems and the ability to make appropriate decisions.
• Assertive, self-motivated and able to build collaborative and productive professional relationships across sites and regions.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Effective people management, training and mentoring skills
• Sophisticated computer proficiency and experienced in the use of applications including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
Where you will be located!
This position is based in our Denver, Colorado headquarters. Perth, Western Australia office based candidates also considered.
There is a combination of remote and regional office work with travel to other domestic and international sites required.
The salary range offered for this role is $111,000 to 145,635. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Flagstar Bank FSB
Flagstar Bank FSB
Flagstar Bank FSB